We value the health and safety of every guest and have therefore postponed all 9 At A Time draws until further notice. The draw entry tickets you have earned thus far will remain valid up until the rescheduled draws take place.
9 numbers. Every Sunday. Anyone can enter.
We are giving everyone the chance to win at Blackrock Casino – and you will have plenty of fun while you’re at it. Anyone can play in 9 at a TIME and entering is really simple.
Every Sunday from 17h00, we will be selecting your lucky numbers and giving away incredible prizes. If you are a Rewards cardholder, all you need to do is play Slots and/or Tables with your Blackrock Rewards card in the week before each Sunday to earn points and get your session tickets.
Not a Rewards member? No problem. You can enter 9 at a TIME when you spend R50 or more on meals and drinks at MidCity grill, Diamond Lounge and casino floor. Even better: If you sign up to our Rewards Programme, you will get a FREE entry ticket and enjoy instant Rewards at Blackrock.
You can read on for more details or come and find out more by visiting us and entering!
How the sessions work:
Sessions take place every Sunday at 17h00, 18h00, 19h00 and the participation draw at 19h30.
- You can print your session voucher ticket/s at the eHost on the day .
- You can then exchange your session voucher ticket/s for pre-numbered carbon copy tickets at the Customer Service Desk on the day of the sessions. Issuing of carbon copy tickets for number selection will stop 15 minutes before each session, therefore 16h45 for the 17h00 session, 17h45 for the 18h00 session and 18h45 for the 19h00 session.
- Make sure you write down NINE different numbers, selected from 0 to 36 inclusive of 36, on each ticket. You must submit your completed ticket/s with your chosen 9 numbers before the ticket collection for each session closes, 5 minutes before session starts (therefore, 16h55 for the 17h00 session,17h55 for the 18h00 session and 18h55 for the 19h00 session).
- At the sessions, there will be a tombola containing balls numbered from 0-36. This tombola will then be spun at 17h00, 18h00 and 19h00
- The tombola will be spun 16 times and you will have 15 seconds between each spin to check your tickets to see if your numbers are called.
What and how you can win:
We will be giving away cash and other prizes at each session and at the participation draw.
- The reason the tombola will be spun 16 times is so that there is a chance for the prizes to rollover, in case nobody has the matching numbers.
- In order to qualify for the rollover prize, the last number called out must appear on your tickets, together with all selected 9 numbers by the 16th spin.
- If that’s you, make sure you shout “9 at a TIME” to stop the game so that you can present the respective ticket for verification at the stage area.
- Should the rollover prize not be claimed by the 16th spin, the host will continue spinning for additional numbers. A consolation prize of R500 cash will be awarded to eligible participant(s) that has all 9 numbers. If there is more than one winner, the prize money will be shared among all the eligible winners.
- Should the rollover prize not be won at 17h00, it will progressive by R250 per hour
- There will be a participation draw at 19h30 for all participants with a prize of R500 for the winning ticket drawn
- No person under 18 is allowed to gamble or participate in this promotion. The promotion is open to Blackrock Rewards cardholders and non-cardholders.
- Any person who has been issued with a Refusal of Entry order, or who is self-excluded, or who fall into category of excluded persons, is expressly prohibited from participating in this promotion.
- This promotion is closed to any persons who are directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the company or marketing service providers, or spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
- Participants can only participate into 9 at a TIME by earning tickets and activating entries in terms of the Promotional Rules of the competition.
- Participants can only participate into 9 at a TIME participation draw if they have participated or played in any of the 3 sessions on the day and have 1 part of the session ticket into the entry bin to stand a chance to win the R500 cash prize.
Tickets can be earned in the following manner:
- R50 spend or more on food & beverage at MidCity grill, Diamond Lounge or casino floor using cash or bank card to pay. Food and beverage vouchers issued to guests by Blackrock Casino will not qualify for entries or tickets. Proof of purchase or bill must then be handed to the Customer Service Desk where a Marketing Host will issue one ticket, provided that the guests is 18 years of age or older (proof of identification may be requested).
- Earn 50 points over the weekly period and claiming tickets from the Customer Service Desk. Participants can earn points by playing slots or tables whilst using their Blackrock Rewards cards.
- New sign ups: new enrolments to the Blackrock Rewards Programme will receive 1 Free ticket during the week that they signed up on, the ticket will only be valid for that week that the guest signed up on and will not be considered for the following week if not used.
- Rewards cardholders can accumulate tickets by earning a minimum of 50 points over a week cycle- 7 days. Based on gaming day time which is 8h00 to 07h59 the next day therefore weekly points earning will start at 8h00 on Saturday (which means the first day of “gaming day” will end at 07h59 on Sunday being counted as day one of earning, second day will end at 07h59 on Monday being counted as day two of earning and so on… and the last or 7th day which will complete the week cycle will then be 07h59 on Saturday) therefore Saturday to Saturday. The participants can earn up to a maximum of 500 points for 10 tickets.
- In the instance where the guest has earned 500 points in a week cycle and has 7x food and beverage bills over R50 in a week cycle or been issued with 1 free ticket when enrolling to the Rewards Programme, they can only use either or, or split to wind up with 10 maximum tickets but cannot use all or exceed the 10 maximum entry ticket threshold.
- The total tickets will be capped at 10 tickets per guest including all different platforms that the tickets can be earned by the participants (points earning, food and beverage and new sign-ups)
- A maximum of 10 individual entries may be entered per person per session or split the accumulated 10 tickets into different sessions between session 1, 2 and 3.
- Entries cannot be purchased for cash, points or through any other form of consideration.
- Participants must activate their entries into each session at least 15 minutes prior to the actual sessions, by handing in the correctly and fully completed ticket(s) to the Customer Service Desk.
- The participant and the Marketing Host will each retain one part of the ticket (“the entry”).
- Tickets are valid for individual sessions occurring on the same day it was issued.
- Mistakes in the entries may be corrected by participants only by striking out the incorrect number(s), inserting the correct number(s) and initialling the correction(s) before handing in the ticket(s).
- Participants in each session will be eligible for a rollover jackpot prize or a consolation prize subject to the following:
- In order to qualify for the rollover Jackpot prize, the last number called out must appear on the participants’ ticket/s as part of all selected 9 ball numbers called, on or before the 16th ball call-out. The respective participant is required to, in an audible manner and/or visual indication and prior to the following ball call-out, make the promotion team aware that all 9 ball numbers were achieved, and then present the respective ticket for verification to the promotion verification team. If there is more than one winner, the prize money will be shared amongst all the eligible winners.
- Should the rollover prize not be claimed before or on the 16th ball number call-out, the casino promotion representative concerned will continue spinning for additional ball numbers to be called-out and the rollover jackpot prize will be forfeited once the next or the 17th numbered ball has been issued and/or called out by the promotion representative. A consolation prize of R500 per session will be awarded to first eligible participant(s) that achieves all 9 numbers. If there is more than one winner, the prize money will be shared amongst all the eligible winners.
- The rollover Jackpot prize will start with a base value of R2,000 cash per session and if not won, will progress per session by R250.
- An additional prize in FreePlay will be awarded in conjunction with the rollover Jackpot prize, only to the Rewards card holders. The value of the FreePlay shall be determined by the Prize Winner’s card type as follows: R250 for Gold card; R500 for Platinum card; and R1,000 for Black card. Non-cardholders will not qualify for FreePlay.
- A process for declination to be present at the sessions and/or at the participation draw concerned will be available at the Customer Services Desk on the day of the sessions and participation draw for the period between the opening and closing times of the entry bins before the actual sessions and participation draw, where a participant can register to still be acknowledged for the prize, should he/she decline to be present for the sessions and/or participation draw or when the prize winners are announced on that day.
- Participants must register to decline to be present at the sessions and/or participation draw in person. No person shall be permitted to act on behalf of a participant to exercise this rule. Positive and acceptable form of identification must be presented by relevant parties when completing this process. (Please refer to the prescribed Proxy nomination form for this purpose available at Customer Service Desk).
- Should a prize winner who is eligible for a prize but who is not present as a result of declining an invite to be present for the sessions and/or participation draw, the casino shall take all reasonable steps to contact the prize winner via the contact details provided on the Proxy nomination form or otherwise readily available. In such circumstances the prize winner may within 15 days of the draw claim the prize.
- Prizes are not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash unless otherwise advertised. Prize winners must sign for receipt of prizes.
- The prize winner must claim the prize at the casino Customer Service Desk within 15 days of incurring the winnings.
- All decisions are final and binding and no correspondence or appeals will be entered into.
- Any person transgressing the rules of this promotion will be disqualified.
- In the event of technical failure or damage to the device used for the ball number selection, irrespective of the cause, another suitable device or method will be used, at the sole discretion of Management.
- Every participant in the promotion shall be deemed to have acknowledged and accepted the rules by virtue of their participation.
- The above clauses are severable from each other. Should any clause or part thereof be found to be unenforceable by operation of the law, such clause or part thereof will be severed, and the remaining clauses shall remain in force.
- Copies of these rules are available on blackrock.co.za and at the Customer Service Desk upon request.