Last weekly draw postponed from 25 March to 15 August
Final draw postponed from 27 March 2020 to 29 August 2020
- Saturday – 29 August 2020 – Final Draw
What would you choose? Money or the Box?
Here is your chance to win your share of over R300,000 in cash, and amazing prizes in our popular game show “Money or the Box”, simply by playing Slots and/or Tables.
During our weekly Wednesday draws, we have cash and loads of amazing prizes ranging from, Apple IPad, MacBook Air 13 inch, various Samsung appliances and more…
Final draw will be bigger and you will have the difficult choice between driving away in a Renault Kwid 1.0 Climber or take a special someone along using a Travel Voucher worth R70,000 or a SMEG Kitchen Appliances Makeover as part of the prizes that will be inside the boxes. The choice will be yours to make or would you take the cash offer instead of the box?
How to enter “Money or the Box” Promotion
- Play Slots and/or Tables with your Rewards card from 29 January -27 March 2020 to earn points to get your draw tickets
- 50 points earns you 1 draw ticket into Weekly draws
- 100 points earns you 1 draw ticket into Cash draw
- 200 points earns you 1 draw ticket into the Final draw
Points earning for Wednesday Weekly draws
- Points earning will take place from Wednesday through to the following Wednesday over the 8 week period (29 January – 25 March)
- You get to earn additional or bonus ticket/s for the Cash draw (29 February 2020) for every 2 tickets earned for the Weekly draws
- You get to earn additional or bonus ticket/s for the Final draw (27 March 2020) for every 4 tickets earned for the Weekly draws
- Qualify and participate in all 8 Weekly draws and you will be eligible for a 1-night stay for two, bed and breakfast basis for R400 at Blackrock Garden Court Hotel.
Points earning for Final draw
- Points earning will take place from Wednesday (29 January) through to the day of the final draw 27 March 2020
|Money or The Box - Final Draw |
|Points Earning Period ||Draw Date ||Draw Times |
|29 January - 27 March 2020 ||29 August 2020 || 19h00, 20h00, 21h00 |
Promotional Rules: Electronic ticket draws
- No person under 18 is allowed to gamble or participate in this promotion
- Any person who has been issued with a Refusal of Entry order, or who is self-excluded, or who fall into the category of excluded persons, is expressly prohibited from participating in this promotion;
- This promotion is closed to any persons who are directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the company or marketing service providers, or spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members;
- Participants earn points by playing Slots and/or Tables whilst using Blackrock Rewards card at Blackrock Casino
- Tickets are valid for the promotion period as stipulated according to draws (Weekly draws and Final draw)
- Points earning will be the same across all tiers as per draw category outline due to the tickets being entered into one draw bin for each set of draws (Weekly draws and Final draw)
- Rewards cardholders may enter this promotion by playing Slots and/or Tables games and earning points
- Weekly Draws – 29 January – 25 March 2020 – 50 points for 1 draw ticket
- Cash Draw – 29 January – 29 February 2020 – 100 points for 1 draw ticket
- Final Draw – 29 January – 27 March 2020 – 200 points for 1 draw ticket
- Unlimited individual entries can be entered per person per draw
- Draw entries cannot be purchased for cash or through any other form of consideration.
- Prize winners will be selected by way of a random electronic draw. Draw times, dates and points criteria to earn tickets will be as per advertised through advertising mediums used for this promotion.
- 1 participant will be selected by a way of electronic draw selection every hour on the hour at 19h00, 20h00 and 21h00 for the Weekly and Final draws.
- There will be 3 stands on the stage with gift boxes numbered 1 – 3 on top of them. Inside each box there will be a photograph of the prize. Prizes will range from cash to voucher, and electronic appliances.
- During the hourly draws, for all Weekly, Cash draw and Final draws, a participant may only be selected once. In the instance where the same participant is selected twice during an hourly draw, a redraw will take place to select another participant that has not been drawn on that hour.
- Weekly Draw
Draw date: 15 August 2020
Draw times: 19h00, 20h00 and 21h00
- 1 participant will be selected by a way of electronic draw every hour on the hour at 19h00, 20h00 and 21h00
- All participants will receive R1500 FreePlay as a participation prize
- There will be 3 stands with a suitcase on each stand, there will be prizes in each suitcase (ranging from Freeplay, Cash, Electronic Appliances, Hotel Stays, Food & Beverage vouchers. Only 1 participant will have a case that says “MONEY OR THE BOX” – this participant will then get the opportunity to play the game with the MC. Money or the Box Game Details:
- There will be 3 stands on the stage with the boxes numbered 1 – 3 on top of them
- Inside each box will be a photograph of the prize that could be won by the contestant.
- The guest will have to choose a box from 1-3 and stand behind the box that they have chosen, without revealing the content inside the box
- The guest will be given a chance to bargain with the MC – a choice between their chosen box and a cash prize.
- Participants must activate their tickets via the eHost to enter the draws during the stipulated dates and times for the Weekly Draws and Final Draws as per below:
- Draw tickets entry period opens 11 August at 10h00 and closes 15 August at 18h00 – Weekly Draws
- Draws take place on Saturday, 15 August at 19h00, 20h00 and 21h00 – Weekly Draws
- Draw tickets entry period opens 24 August at 10h00 and closes 29 August at 18h00 – Final Draws
- Draws take place on Saturday, 29 August at 19h00, 20h00 and 21h00 – Final Draws
- Participants must keep the original receipt counterfoil for verification purposes.
Participants do not have to be present at the draws after entering their tickets via the eHost:
Should the prize winner who is eligible for a prize be a customer that has opted in to receive communication, the casino shall take all reasonable steps to contact the prize winner via the contact details provided by and available for the guest on the loyalty rewards membership system or otherwise readily available. In such circumstances, the prize winner will have 15 days from the day of the draw to claim their prize at the Customer Service Desk. If the prize is not claimed within the 15 days a re-draw will take place.
Should the prize winner who is eligible for a prize be a customer that has opted out to receive communication, the winner will not be contacted, but will have 15 days from the day of the draw to claim their prize at Customer Service Desk. If the prize is not claimed within the 15 days a re-draw will take place.
- Once all selected winners have been verified for the Weekly Draws, the casino will confirm the date that all 3 winners will be requested to be present to select their final prizes, only one of the winners will get the opportunity to play the “Money or the Box” game
- Once all selected winners have been verified for the Final Draws, the casino will confirm the date that all 3 winners will be requested to be present to select their final prizes, only one of the winners will get the opportunity to play the “Money or the Box” game
- Prizes are not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Prize winners must sign for receipt of prizes.
- The prize winner must claim the prize at the casino within 15 days of the draw at the Customer Service Desk.
- All decisions are final and binding and no correspondence or appeals will be entered into;
- Any person transgressing the rules of this promotion will be disqualified;
- In the event of technical failure or damage to the device used for the promotional draw, irrespective of the cause, another suitable device or method will be used, at the sole discretion of Management;
- Every participant in the promotion shall be deemed to have acknowledged and accepted the rules by virtue of their participation;
- The above clauses are severable from each other. Should any clause or part thereof be found to be unenforceable by operation of the law, such clause or part thereof will be severed, and the remaining clauses shall remain in force;
- Copies of these rules are available at the Customer Service Desk upon request
- Licensed by the Kwa-Zulu Natal Gambling Board. No persons under 18 years allowed in the casino. Winners know when to stop. National Problem Gambling Counselling Toll free Helpline: 0800 006 008