Tsogo Sun Entrepreneurs
Aiding South African Economic Development
The group’s commitment to aiding South African economic development by assisting small businesses continues to be a strong focus for the future. Emphasis is placed on skills-based entrepreneurial development and the provision of preferential procurement opportunities to qualifying small enterprises and emerging micro-enterprises that are predominantly black-owned. The percentage of black-owned businesses supported is aligned with the country’s Economically Active Population (EAP) statistics.
Tsogo Sun Entrepreneurs is a business benefit and development programme that supports various clusters of entrepreneurs within the value chain of the Tsogo Sun group and within the broader tourism industry in South Africa. The programme provides qualifying entrepreneurs with the business development support and benefits.
Support and benefits of our Entrepreneurs Programme:
• Skills-transfer: business development, coaching, mentorship
• Value added benefits: endorsement, memberships, marketing, publicity
• Shared services: extranet, call centre, preferential discounts, business support
• Business tools: risk assessment and recommendations, software systems, FF&E
• Supply chain network: access to markets, networking opportunities
• Recognition: entrepreneur rewards, certification, awards, case studies
Through the programme, Tsogo Sun works to establish partnerships with government, corporates, industry bodies, and development specialists to advance their mutual interests in contributing towards the creation of economic growth in South Africa by supporting emerging enterprises.
Key Programme objectives
1. Support entrepreneurs to develop professionally operated, compliant, sustainable businesses;
2. Facilitate job creation (direct and indirect);
3. Contribute towards economic growth in South Africa.
Tsogo Sun Entrepreneurs proudly supports 133 entrepreneurs throughout South Africa, sustaining nearly 300 jobs and creating more than 2,000 employment opportunities in the value chain.
The success of Tsogo Sun’s Book a Guesthouse entrepreneurial programme (one of the four clusters supported by Tsogo Sun Entrepreneurs) is testament to our commitment to developing aspiring entrepreneurs.
Visit our entrepreneur directory to browse the products and services provided by these independently owned and operated business or learn more about the inspiring entrepreneurs who run them.