Health and Safety
Our doors are open again and we’re ready to welcome you to a new kind of experience that puts your safety alongside our renowned hospitality.
We are open under strict health and safety protocols. Our teams are ready to take your bookings and are looking forward to your return. Bookings can be made online or, direct with the hotel.
As you get back to business or leisure travelling, be assured that our focus is still on delivering superior attention, innovation and now with free and unlimited Wi-Fi.
While our service may be affected during this time, as we comply with the Disaster Management Act, you can be assured of the same warmth and hospitality you’ve come to expect from Tsogo Sun Hotels.
Your Safety Is Our Concern
Whilst everything may have changed, some things stay the same, and guests can rest assured that their safety remains our absolute priority. Extensive COVID-19 protocols have been implemented at the hotels for the safety of both guests and staff alike.
Tsogo Sun Hotels embraces the guidelines and hygiene policies of the World Health Organisation (WHO), the South African National Department of Health (NDoH), and the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD).
We are ready to welcome you, book now.
The following protocols are mandatory according to Government regulations and will be strictly adhered to:
- To protect our guests and staff and to prevent a potentially high-risk person from entering the hotel, guests are required to be screened on arrival, which includes:
- allowing their temperature to be scanned with a thermal scanner
- If a guest’s temperature falls within the normal range and they do not show any symptoms they will be required to sanitise their hands and proceed to check-in. If a guest’s temperature exceeds 37.5 degrees Celsius and/or they have symptoms of the virus, they will not be allowed to check-in
- presenting a photo ID
- complete and sign a questionnaire
Health and Safety Protocols
- All staff have received training on COVID19 preventative measures and hygiene protocols
- Educational signage is displayed for both guests and staff
- Staff are provided with personal protective equipment (PPE) in line with regulations, along with additional hygiene resources
- Biohazard boxes are provided for the safe disposal of PPE and other waste as required
- Increased sanitising and disinfecting practices (over and above our normal stringent cleaning protocols)
- Public social distancing, demarcated areas, physical barriers where necessary and PPE
- Sanitisation of high touch points, deep cleaning and pest control
Food and Beverage Delivery
- To further ensure the safety of our guests, our food and beverage delivery has been amended in accordance with health protocols to ensure that we adhere to the social distancing requirements and regulations relating to disaster management act
- Children’s care facilities in Hotels that offer this service remain closed
- Babysitting services not available at this time
- The opening of hotel gyms, pools and spas comply with the Disaster Management Act regulations
- Temperatures of guests are monitored, and guests are required to complete screening questionnaires at the entrances of the hotel
- Mandatory use of masks for all visitors and staff entering the premises
- Queuing systems will be in place to ensure that there is no less than 1.5m between people
- No activity is allowed that encourages crowd gatherings
- Dining facilities are open with social distancing measures in place. In-room dining is encouraged wherever possible
- There are capacity restrictions on the number of passengers in elevators to ensure social distancing
Meetings and Events
- Delegates temperature will be scanned with a thermal scanner on arrival
- Delegates will be required to complete a screening questionnaire on arrival
- Delegates will be required to exercise increased sanitising and disinfecting practices
- Delegates are required to wear masks except when eating or drinking
- Seating will be spread out to ensure that a 1.5 meter social distancing is maintained
Number of Delegates
- The number of delegates in any venue must not exceed 50% of it’s normal capacity (There is a maximum limit of 50 delegates indoors and 100 delegates outdoors.)
Food and Beverage Delivery
- Menus and service standards have been adjusted and aligned to our health and safety protocols and Government regulations
- Stationery would be available on request, pens will be sanitised prior to use
Terms and Conditions
- Our offering is subject to change in line with relevant regulations
- Other stationery to be supplied on request
Please contact us for your conference, hospitality and special event bookings.
Download our Conferencing Health and Safety guidelines.
Updated 26 July 2021
Images on tsogosun.com may not necessarily reflect the current guest experience with relation to social distancing, food & beverage, housekeeping, conferencing and other aspects of your visit to a Tsogo Sun Hotels property. All regulations as per the different level of lockdown are respected and adhered to. Services and amenities are subject to change.