Tasting Menu At Tsogo Sun Tasting Table
MAIN: Chilli Garlic Prawns
- 1kg prawns in shells (heads on and deveined)
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 gloves garlic, pounded to paste
- 2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/3 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 150 ml tomato puree
- 100 fresh cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander
- Juice of one lemon
- Sauté chopped onion and garlic with olive oil.
- Add all spices together with the tomato puree.
- Simmer and mix in sugar.
- Stir in cream.
- Simmer for 3 minutes then add prawns.
- Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drizzle over lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve with white crusty bread and lemon wedges.