Are you ready to take it all the way to the finish?
Between 23 August and 20 October 2018, we will be hosting our Slots Pay-Off Tournament here at Emnotweni. We’ll be giving away over R250,000 in prizes, including a VW Polo Trendline. If you think you have what it takes and want to have some serious fun, then make sure you enter.
How to enter?
Qualifying rounds will take place daily from 23 August until 13 October 2018 between 13h00 and 21h00. You will find 6 dedicated Slots machines to play at in the non-smoking casino.
- You can buy your entry ticket for R50 at the Cash Desk, or redeem 5,000 points at eHosts per entry and register at the tournament area
- Slot machines’ credit will be set to start on 0
- Buy-ins are unlimited, but you may only have one seat during the heat
- Each heat will last for 5 minutes and requires a minimum of 1 player
- A maximum of 6 players can take part in a heat
- The top 1-31 scorers will be displayed on an electronic leaderboard
- The player in position number 1 at the end of qualifying heats will qualify automatically for the final on 20 October 2018
Tournament semi-final and final
Date: Saturday 20 October 2018
Time: From 18h00 (players to arrive from 17h00)
- The 30 top scorers (those in positions 2 – 31) from the qualifying rounds will play in the semi-final
- There will be 6 dedicated Slots machines and 5 heats will be played, with 6 players per heat
- Should any player have more than 1 seat in the semi-finals or finals, they may nominate a proxy to play on their behalf
- The highest scorer from each heat will qualify for the final, which takes places once the semi-final is complete
Time: Straight after the semi-final is complete
- Finals will be played after 5 high scorers from semi-finals have been announced
- 5 top scorers from semi-finals plus 1 automatic qualifier will play in the final
- 1 heat will be played (all 6 players)
- Semi-finalists will randomly draw heat and seat numbers
- All slots machines to start on 0 credits
- Heat duration - 5 minutes
- Highest scorer in the final will win the first prize
- Final heats will have a duration of 5 minutes
- Should any player have more than 1 seat in the semi-finals or finals, they may nominate a “Proxy” to play on their behalf.
|Winners ||Prizes |
|1st Prize ||VW POLO |
|2nd Prize ||R20,000 |
|3rd Prize ||R15,000 |
|4th Prize ||R10,000 |
|5th Prize ||R5,000 |
|6th Prize ||R3,000 |
|Total ||R253,000 |
- Any person who is under the age of 18 or who has been refused entry to the casino or who is self-excluded, prior to or during the tournament, is prohibited from gambling and/or participating in the tournament and will be disqualified, where applicable.
- Tournament will be open to all Emnotweni Rewards members (the “Participants ”), and it is closed to any persons who are directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the company or marketing service providers, or spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
- Non-Rewards members can buy-in to enter the tournament, but they will need to register to the Rewards Progamme should they win a prize.
- Entry to the tournament is by way of R50 cash buy-in, or 5,000 points redemption to the value of R50, and it shall entitle the participant to the corresponding number of seats (R50 per seat) in any qualifying heats that occurs on the same day during which the Entry Purchase was made.
- Any complimentary entry, if such is afforded to a participant, will be paid for by the casino and it shall entitle that participant to a single entry.
- Rewards members can also redeem points at eHosts machines to enter the tournament. The number of entries is unlimited, is subject to the availability of heats/seats and the prior Entry Purchase(s). Participants shall not make further Entry Purchases for the purposes of continuing in any heat.
- Registration for participation shall be in person and in accordance with the advertised dates and times, which will be available through the casino’s marketing and/or communication mediums used for the tournament.
- Late entries shall not be accepted (outside the advertise times). Registration for qualifying heats of the tournament will be on a “first come first serve” basis and machines will be allocated in sequential order.
- No proxies will be allowed during the qualifying rounds
- Players shall not be substituted during qualifying heats. In addition, players’ “credits” shall not be pooled with or transferred to other players’ credits. These credits are for tournament purposes only and will be used to determine player ranking. Specifically, the credits concerned do not have any actual monetary value and cannot be exchanged for cash or anything of value.
- At the end of all qualifying heats, the participant who obtained the highest credit score from a single entry will automatically qualify as a finalist in the Finals, which will be held on 20 October 2018.
- 100% of the money received from buy-ins will be distributed into the prize pool.
- Participants do not earn Rewards Programme points by participating in the tournament
- During the Finals, seats will be allocated by way of random draws and registration detail and requirements will be available at Customer Service desk.
- During the qualifying rounds a leaderboard will be used to display positions 1 to 31 (30 semi-finalists. Top 30 qualifiers will participate in the semi-finals on 20 October 2018.
- Advertised prize values are the minimum values that will be paid out. Casino management reserves the right to apportion surplus entries at its sole discretion and additional consolation prize(s) may be awarded at the sole discretion of the casino.
- Players will be limited to 1 seat per heat during the qualifying heats stage. Players who are eligible for multiple seats in any final stage may nominate another person(s) to play on their behalf by completing the casino’s proxy form (available on request). A separate proxy form is to be completed for every nominee selected. Credits earned by the player and nominee(s) under these circumstances shall not be pooled.
- The Proxy may not be a co-participant in the stage/stages for which he is acting on behalf of a participant. If the signed and completed proxy form is not received by the Tournament Director at the start of any final stage, then the player concerned will forfeit the additional seats accordingly.
- Finalists to the semi Finals will be selected from the top credit earners at the end of the qualifying rounds stage in rank order. The above-mentioned participants with the highest credit score arising from a single entry will be included as a finalists and will not need to go through another elimination round.
- Slots machines may be operated in a tournament or normal operating mode, as the case may be; hence any winnings accrued will not be paid out as casino winnings despite the fact that corresponding winning combinations may be displayed at such machines.
- In the event of a tie credit score when determining winners or finalists at any of the relevant stages, each player (or nominee) concerned will be required to select a playing card (Ace is low) from a set of cards. The player/nominee with the highest card value will be determined the participant with the higher score. If the player or nominee concerned is not present to select a playing card as indicated above, then a random member of the public will be requested to make the selection on his/her behalf.
- In the event of a malfunction of a slot machine during any qualifying heat, the affected players will be given the first available seat in a future similar heat if possible. A refund will be made if these players cannot be accommodated in such future heat under these circumstances. In the event that the tournament system (where applicable) experiences any technical difficulties, the entire heat will be restarted. If the afore-mentioned technical difficulties are not resolved within a reasonable period then the relevant heat will be postponed.
- In the event of the occurrence of any of the above-mentioned malfunctions during any Finals stages, the affected players will be given the first available seat in a future similar heat within those final stages concerned. If such future heats are filled to capacity then additional heat(s), as may be required, will be announced whereby the participants will draw seat numbers. In the event that any malfunction cannot be resolved within a reasonable period, then the Finals will be postponed.
- The start of each heat and or final will be announced. Players who are not present when the heat or Final starts will forfeit their seats and no refunds (where applicable) will be made.
- Decisions made by the Tournament Director shall be deemed final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Finals will be held at Emnotweni on 20 October 2018 as advertised and all participants will be required to register prior to the advertised starting time of the Finals. All qualifiers are to ensure their timeous registration at the communicated area.
- Rules will be available at Customer Service Desk or at tournament area upon request