Dare to Ride
Offer valid until 3 August 2019, 09h30 – 17h00
Wednesday to Sunday including all Public Holidays and School Holidays
Do you Dare to Ride! Complete the challenge and stand a chance to win your share of R120,000?
30 Finalists, ONE Grand Prize winner!
How does it work?
Get your entry form with your Thrill Rider armband and then complete all 10 rides on the entry form. Look for the secret word on each ride and get your entry form stamped. As soon as you have completed all 10 words, drop your entry from in one of the entry bins provided and see if you will be one of our finalists.
10 finalists will be chosen on the last Saturday of each month until 27 July 2019. Chosen finalists stand a chance of winning their share of R120,000!
The final draw will take place on 3 August 2019, where we will also draw a Wild Card winner. The Wild Card winner will win access to the theme park for a year!
What can our 30 Finalists win?
- First prize – access to the Theme Park for a year, movies, ten pin bowling and restaurant vouchers for a year plus an additional R50,000 in cash.
- The second prize will be R20,000 in cash.
- The 3rd to 5th place winners will each win R5,000 in cash
- 6th– 30th place will each receive 4 Theme Park Tickets
Terms and Conditions
- The promotion is valid every day from 11 May 2019 to 3 August 2019.
- This competition is open to all theme park visitors who are 1.3m or taller who purchases a thrill rider ticket.
- This promotion is closed to any persons who are directors, partners, employees, agents or consultants of or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the company or marketing service providers, or spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family.
- Guests must be physically able to complete all activities required for this competition.
- Entry forms will not be issued to complimentary ticket holders and staff ticket holders.
- School and corporate groups are excluded from this promotion and will not be issued with entry forms.
- All 10 secret words relating to the relevant rides on the entry from must be completed and all the guests’ details on the entry forms must be completed in full and placed in the entry bin provided.
- The entry bins will be placed in Town Square and at the exit.
- Only guests who have completed all 10 rides and have all 10 secret words correctly will be eligible to enter the draw.
- All rides require a stamp from the ride operator in order to be considered valid.
- In the event of a malfunction on any element directly related to this promotion, these challenges will be stamped at Guests Services before entering the park.
- In the event of a ride/challenge becoming unavailable during the course of the day, the operator will stamp the entry form at the entrance of the ride/challenge.
- Persons under 18 taking part in the Thrill Seeker Challenge must have the consent of their parent or legal guardian to participate by completing the relevant details on the entry form.
- Draws to select the finalists that are eligible for the final draw will be held on 25 May, 29 June and 27 July at 16h00 in Towns Square.
- 10 Finalists will be selected at each of these draws.
- The final draw will take place on Saturday, 03 August 2019 at 16h00 in Town Square.
- Only the 30 finalist’s entry forms will be placed in the tombola for the final draw.
- 5 Entry forms will be drawn from the entry bin and prizes will be awarded in the order the entry forms are drawn.
- Verification of the ride stamps and words will be done before the entry is announced as a winner.
- Winners will be notified telephonically and does not have to be present at the draw.
- The Theme Park management shall take all reasonable steps to contact the finalist via the contact details provided on the entry form. In such circumstances whereby the finalist is not contactable within 72 hours of the draw, a redraw will take place to find a new finalist.
- Incomplete entry forms will not be valid and in an instance whereby an incomplete entry form is drawn, a re-draw will take place immediately.
- All 10 secret words on the entry form must be correct and in the instance where incorrect word/s is given, a re-draw will take place immediately.
- In the instance where a ride stamp is missing, a re-draw will take place immediately.
- The Grand Prize consists of:
- Access to theme park for a year – limited to 2 tickets per visit,
- 4 X Movie tickets per month for 12 months
- 4 x Ten pin bowling tickets per month for 12 months
- A R500 meal voucher per month for 12 months (can be redeemed at selected restaurants at the Theme Park or the Casino)
- 2 Night hotel stay to be taken up anytime within 12 months of winning the prize,
- R50,000 in cash.
- The second prize is R20,000 in cash.
- 3rd to 5th place winners will each win R5,000 in cash.
- After the final draw has taken place we will also draw a wild card entry from all the entries from the start of the promotion using a separate tombola.
- The 30 Finalists in the final draw will not be eligible for the Wild Card Draw.
- Wild Card Prize – Access to Theme Park for a year – limited to 2 tickets per visit.
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be sold.
- All cash prizes will be paid via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) into the bank account details supplied by the winner.
- Gold Reef City will not be held liable for any incorrect banking details that may have been supplied.
- Prize letters will be handed to all winners on the day of the final challenge.
- The prize vouchers will not be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged.
- The vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer/promotion.
- Vouchers may only be used at participating outlets stipulated on the voucher.
- All additional costs are for the winners own account.
- All decisions are final and binding and no correspondence or appeals will be entered into.
- Any person transgressing the rules of this promotion will be disqualified.
- Theme Park rules and regulations apply.