Our Heritage Tour provides an opportunity for inquisitive young minds to explore new places while they socialise and learn valuable lessons outside of the usual classroom setting.
Prior booking is essential.
We only allow a certain number of learners into the Theme Park. Upon receipt of your booking form, you will be sent a pro forma invoice. The full payment must reflect in our bank account three business days before your intended visit. Once the payment reflects in our bank account a confirmation letter will be sent to you. This letter must accompany the school on the day of their visit. No booking can be confirmed until we have received the payment.
For availability please contact the Heritage Department, Mondays to Fridays, on +27 11 248 6986.
|Preschool||Grades 1 to 4||Grades 5 to 12|
Preschool Fun Day
|The Heritage Tour and Rides||-||R135||R165|
The Heritage Tour (Rides are excluded)
|Rides Only (The Heritage Tour is excluded)||-||R100||R145|
School Tour Information
- All prices are per learner.
- Children under the age of 6 years are not permitted on the underground mine tour.
- School tours are conducted Wednesday to Fridays only, and excludes public holidays or school holidays.
- Ride availability may vary and can only be confirmed on the day of the visit.
- Please note:
- We do not accept cheques.
- Prior booking and payment is essential.
- Payment must reflect in our bank account 3 days before the intended visit.
- Schools without a confirmed booking will pay the normal entrance price for all learners and teachers.
Underground Mine Tour Tips and Restrictions
Teachers, please take note of the following:
- Tours are conducted between 09h00 and 15h00 and lasts approximately 2 hours.
- There are no restrooms underground. Please ensure your learners use the facilities before going on the tour.
- Bring a jersey it might get cold.
- Cameras are welcome, however a good flash is required in certain areas – it can get dark in there…
- In the unlikely event of an evacuation, a total of 151 steps will be required to climb to the top.
- All tours are conducted in English.
The following is not permitted on the underground mine tour:
- Expectant mothers.
- Teachers / learners who are visually impaired, physically challenged, have a walking defect, or have a prosthetic limb/s.
- Teachers / learners who have a heart condition or afflicted with asthma.
- Teachers / learners with high or low blood pressure.
- Teachers / learners who have recently undergone major surgery.
- Teachers / learners suffering from or having a tendency towards claustrophobia.