Our Heritage Tour provides an opportunity for inquisitive young minds to explore new places while they socialise and learn valuable lessons outside of the usual classroom setting.
|Preschool||Grades 1 to 4||Grades 5 to 12|
Preschool Fun Day
|The Heritage Tour and Rides||-||R130||R160|
The Heritage Tour (Rides are excluded)
|Rides Only (The Heritage Tour is excluded)||-||R100||R140|
School Tour Information
- All prices are per learner.
- Children under the age of 6 years are not permitted on the underground mine tour.
- School tours are conducted Wednesday to Fridays only, and excludes public holidays or school holidays.
- Ride availability may vary and can only be confirmed on the day of the visit.
- Prior booking and payment is essential. Payment must reflect in our bank account 3 days before the intended visit.
- Schools without a confirmed booking will pay the normal entrance price for all learners and teachers.
Underground Mine Tour Tips and Restrictions
Teachers, please take note of the following:
- Tours are conducted between 09h00 and 15h00 and lasts approximately 2 hours.
- There are no restrooms underground. Please ensure your learners use the facilities before going on the tour.
- Bring a jersey it might get cold.
- Cameras are welcome, however a good flash is required in certain areas – it can get dark in there…
- In the unlikely event of an evacuation, a total of 151 steps will be required to climb to the top.
- All tours are conducted in English.
The following is not permitted on the underground mine tour:
- Expectant mothers.
- Teachers / learners who are visually impaired, physically challenged, have a walking defect, or have a prosthetic limb/s.
- Teachers / learners who have a heart condition or afflicted with asthma.
- Teachers / learners with high or low blood pressure.
- Teachers / learners who have recently undergone major surgery.
- Teachers / learners suffering from or having a tendency towards claustrophobia.