Gold Reef City Prices
Theme Park Tickets & Rates
Operating hours | 09h30 - 17h00
- The Theme Park is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays except during Gauteng public school holidays
Theme Park Prices
How Much Are Gold Reef City Tickets?
Prices may change without prior notification
- Thrill Rider – R215 per person above 1.3m
- Non-Rider - R125 per person above 1.3m
- R135 per person under 1.3m
- R180 per pensioner 60+ years (incl. thrill rides if physically safe)
- R180 per student, upon presentation of a valid student card
- R550 family ticket (2 Adults and 2 Children under 1.3m) This package excludes children under 3 years
- Children under 3 years are admitted free of charge
Thrill Rider Tickets
A Thrill Rider ticket gives you access to all rides in the park
A Non Rider ticket has no access to Thrill or Major rides but can use the following facilities
- Science Exploratory
- Train Museum and Bullion Coach
- Heritage Houses
- Crush Museum
- Gold Panning
- Fun Train
Rewards Cardholders Theme Park Prices
Theme Park prices for Reward Cardholders
- Persons above 1.3m
- Gold Cardholders: R190 per person
- Platinum Cardholders: R180 per person
- Black Cardholders: R170 per person
- Persons under 1.3m
- Gold Cardholders: R120 per person
- Platinum Cardholders: R110 per person
- Black Cardholders: R105 per person
Cardholders may not claim 4 tickets on each card they hold, should they hold more than one card.
Our Heritage Tour provides an opportunity for the inquisitive young mind to explore new places while they socialise and learn valuable lessons outside of the usual classroom setting. The school tours are only open from Wednesday to Friday between 09h00 and 15h00 out of school public holidays.
Prices per student
|Preschool||Grades 1 to 4||Grades 5 to 12|
Preschool Fun Day
|The Heritage Tour and Rides||-||R135||R165|
The Heritage Tour (Rides are excluded)
|Rides Only (The Heritage Tour is excluded)||-||R100||R145|
Enter the historical world of Johannesburg’s gold rush and experience a history lesson that you’ll definitely enjoy on our Heritage Tour. Learn how Johannesburg came to be, how gold was discovered on the reef, descend 75 meters underground plus witness the magnificent glow of a live gold pour!
Enter the historical world of Johannesburg’s gold rush and experience a history lesson that you’ll definitely enjoy on our Heritage Tour. Find out more
The below pricing is for rides and a guided Jozi Story of Gold tour:
|Heritage Tour Walk-in||R345|
|STO's (Prior booking essential, No existing account)||R300|
|STO’s (Pre-booking essential, Existing account)||R280|
Mine Tour only with no guide – R110 per person will be added to the entrance ticket chosen.
|Kiddies Rider + Mine Tour||R245|
|Non Rider + Mine Tour||R235|
|Pensioner + Mine Tour||R290|
|Thrill Rider + Mine Tour||R325|
*Please note that children under the age of 6 will not be allowed on the Mine Tour
Free Birthday Entry!
If you visit the Theme Park on your birthday, you will receive FREE entry. All you need to do is produce your ID or birth certificate and you will receive your armband free of charge. Our birthday gift to you!