Gold Reef City Prices
Theme Park Tickets & Rates
Book your Gold Reef City tickets and find out more about Theme Park entrance prices.
Operating hours | 09h30 - 17h00
- The Theme Park is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays except during Gauteng public school holidays
Theme Park Prices
How Much Are Gold Reef City Tickets?
Prices may change without prior notification
Prices from 07 December 2017 onwards:
- Thrill Rider – R210 per person above 1.3m
- Non-Rider - R120 per person above 1.3m
- R130 per person under 1.3m
- R175 per pensioner 60+ years (incl. thrill rides if physically safe)
- R175 per student, upon presentation of a valid student card
- R535 family ticket (2 Adults and 2 Children under 1.3m) This package excludes children under 3 years
- Children under 3 years are admitted free of charge
Thrill Rider Tickets
A Thrill Rider ticket gives you access to all rides in the park
A Non Rider ticket has no access to Thrill or Major rides but can use the following facilities
- Science Exploratory
- Train Museum and Bullion Coach
- Heritage Houses
- Crush Museum
- Gold Panning
- Fun Train
Rewards Cardholders Theme Park Prices
Theme Park prices for Reward Card Holders from 07 December 2017.
- Maximum of 4 tickets per cardholder.
- Persons above 1.3m
- Gold Cardholders: R160 per person
- Platinum Cardholders: R140 per person
- Black Cardholders: R120 per person
- Persons under 1.3m
- Gold Cardholders: R100 per person
- Platinum Cardholders: R90 per person
- Black Cardholders: R80 per person
Cardholders may not claim 4 tickets on each card they hold, should they hold more than one card.
Our Heritage Tour provides an opportunity for the inquisitive young mind to explore new places while they socialise and learn valuable lessons outside of the usual classroom setting. The school tours are only open from Wednesday to Friday between 09h00 and 15h00 out of school public holidays.
Prices are per student :
|Preschool||Grades 1 to 4||Grades 5 to 12|
Preschool Fun Day
|The Heritage Tour and Rides||-||R130||R160|
The Heritage Tour (Rides are excluded)
|Rides Only (The Heritage Tour is excluded)||-||R100||R140|
Enter the historical world of Johannesburg’s gold rush and experience a history lesson that you’ll definitely enjoy on our Heritage Tour. Learn how Johannesburg came to be, how gold was discovered on the reef, descend 75 meters underground plus witness the magnificent glow of a live gold pour!
Enter the historical world of Johannesburg’s gold rush and experience a history lesson that you’ll definitely enjoy on our Heritage Tour. Find out more
The below pricing is for rides and a guided Jozi Story of Gold tour:
|Heritage Tour Walk-in||R340.00|
|STO's (Prior booking essential, No existing account)||R295.00|
|STO’s (Pre-booking essential, Existing account)||R275.00|
Mine Tour only with no guide – R100 per person will be added to the entrance ticket chosen. The below rates do not apply to STO’s. From 07 December this price will change to R110
From 07 December 2017
|Kiddies Rider + Mine Tour||R240.00|
|Non Rider + Mine Tour||R230.00|
|Pensioner + Mine Tour||R285.00|
|Thrill Rider + Mine Tour||R320.00|
*Please note that children under the age of 6 will not be allowed on the Mine Tour