Summer Cash Surprise
From Monday, 1 October 2018 to Wednesday, 26 December 2018
It’s a Summer Cash Surprise!
Come claim your share of over R1 Million in cash including the progressive of R50,000 or more!
How do I participate and what is the earning criteria?
Play your favourite Slots and/or Tables with your Rewards card to earn points for entries into the draw. Activate your entries at the eHost on the draw day for a chance to be selected to open a box and be surprised with your prize.
Get 1 entry for every 200 points earned from 1 October to 26 December 2018. All entries earned, will carry over for all draws in the promotional period.
The more you play, the more entries you earn, the greater your chance of being drawn to opening a box – you never know, you could be taking home that progressive!
When are the draws?
Early Bird Draws and the Progressive Draws will take place on the following Wednesdays.
- 17 and 31 October 2018
- 14 and 28 November 2018
- 12 and 26 December 2018
Early Bird Draws: will take place at 14h00
Progressive Cash Draws: will take place at 20h00 and 21h00.
What can I win at the draws?
Early Bird Draw Prizes
The luck winners drawn will get a chance to open a box to win prizes ranging from R3,000 to R10,000!
Progressive Cash Draw Prizes
The lucky winners drawn will open one of thirty boxes to win prizes ranging from R5,000 to R20,000 plus the R50,000 prize that will roll over if not won.
If the R50,000 prize is not won on draw night, it will roll over and increase by R25,000 every time it is not won. The jackpot will return to the base value of R50,000 once won.
The Progressive can only be won once per draw day i.e. If the Progressive is won in the 20h00 draw, it will not be available at the 21h00 draw.
- No person under 18 is allowed to gamble or participate in this promotion.
- Any person who has been issued with a Refusal of Entry order, or who is self-excluded, or who fall into category of excluded persons, is expressly prohibited from participating in this promotion.
- This promotion is closed to any persons who are directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the company or marketing service providers, or spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
- Participants earn points by playing slots or tables whilst using their Gold Reef City Rewards card.
- Rewards cardholders are required to earn 200 points per draw ticket.
- Point earning starts at 08h00 on 1 October 2018.
- Ticket earning is uncapped; participants can early an unlimited number of tickets.
- Participants can only win once in the early bird draw and once in the evening cash draws at 20h00 and 21h00 i.e. if a guest win in the early bird draw, he/she can still win in the 20h00 or 21h00 draw, however cannot win in both the 20h00 and 21h00 draw.
- Entries cannot be purchased for cash, points or through any other form of consideration.
- All active guests from 1 December 2017 will each receive one FREE draw ticket per weekly cash draw.
- Prize winners will be selected by way of random draw. Draw times and dates; and points criteria to earn tickets, will be advertised through advertising mediums used for this promotion.
- Participants must activate their entry into the draw(s), on the day of the draw(s) prior to the actual draw(s) within the specified times during which the entry bins are open. The opening and closing times for the entry bins will be advertised through mediums used within the casino.
- All Participants are required to be present at the draws on the respective dates/times to be eligible for a Prize: Provided that if a participant elects not to be present in person when the winner/s are announced, the participant may nominate another person who has been duly authorised in writing to attend the draw on behalf of a participant in the form and manner determined by management, the details of which will be available at the Customer Service Desk. Prescribed proxy nomination forms will be available for this purpose from 08h00 on the day of the draw until 30 minutes before the start of the draw for which the proxy is to be nominated. Proxy nomination forms will be available at the Customer Service Desk and the Prive Host Desk.
- At the Early bird draws, we will select one Black card winner, two Platinum card winners and two Gold card winners, provided there are a sufficient number of participants in each bin. If we do not have a sufficient number of participants in either bin, we will select randomly from the next bin.
- During the evening cash draws, we will select two (2) Gold card winners, two (2) Platinum card winners and one (1) Black card winner. At 21h00, we will select one (1) Gold card winner, one (1) Platinum card winner and three (3) Black card winners.
- Prize winners and proxy’s who are present will be given 90 seconds to present themselves and must be in possession of evidence of the winning ticket and must produce positive and acceptable form of identification.
- The Rollover Jackpot will start at a base value of R50,000 and will increase by R25,000 for each week that it was not won.
- The Rollover Jackpot is restricted to one Jackpot per draw day e.g. if the Jackpot is won at the 20h00 draw, it will no longer be available for the 21h00 draw.
- If the Rollover Jackpot is won, it will return to its base value of R50,000 for the next draw date.
- If the Rollover Jackpot is not won by 26 December 2018, a Bonus Draw will be held on 2 January 2019.
- Authorised representatives shall not be entitled to any prizes and shall not take receipt of prizes accruing to the Participants they represent.
- Should the prize winner or authorised representative for the prize winner not present themselves within 90 seconds, a re-draw will take place.
- Prizes are to be collected and signed for receipt thereof by the relevant Prize Winner (not representative), as the case may be, within 15 days from the date of the draw from the casino where the prize(s) were won. The casino shall take all reasonable steps to contact the prize winner via the contact details provided in the proxy nomination form or otherwise readily available.
- Prizes are not transferrable.
- All decisions are final and binding and no correspondence or appeals will be entered into.
- Any person transgressing the rules of this promotion will be disqualified.
- In the event of technical failure or damage to the device used for the promotional draw, irrespective of the cause, another suitable device or method will be used, at the sole discretion of Management.
- Every participant in the promotion shall be deemed to have acknowledged and accepted the rules by virtue of their participation.
- The above clauses are severable from each other. Should any clause or part thereof be found to be unenforceable by operation of the law, such clause or part thereof will be severed, and the remaining clauses shall remain in force.
- Copies of these rules are available at the Customer Service Desk upon request.