Over R1 million in prizes up for grabs in Cash is King
We’re giving all our Rewards cardholders a promotion to enjoy in 2020! As 2019 fades into the background, welcome in the new year with a chance to win every single week. Cash is King kicks off on Thursday, 2 January 2020 and will run until Sunday, 29 March 2020 - make sure you get in on the action!
How it works
It’s exclusive! Only our Rewards members (Gold, Platinum and Black) have a chance of getting their hands on the cash – if you don’t have one yet, sign up now. Simply play Slots or Tables with your Rewards card to earn points and qualify for draw tickets or FreePlay. Points will be earned bi-weekly and you get to decide if you want FreePlay or tickets for the draws. Five lucky winners will be drawn from a manual entry bin every draw day at 17h00. Let the games begin!
- Black cardholders (draw time: 17h00) earn 500 points per ticket
- Gold & Platinum cardholders (draw time: 17h00) earn 250 points per ticket
- Participants may enter a maximum of 100 tickets per guest per draw day
- Entry bins will open two days before the draw (Friday) from 08h00 to print tickets and redeem FreePlay
- Entry bins will close 15 minutes before the draw
- FreePlay will be calculated at 2 000 points = R50 capped at R500 per guest per draw day for Black cardholders and 1 000 points = R25 capped at R250 for Gold and Platinum cardholders.
Draw dates and earning period
|Black Cash Draws ||Points Earning Period ||Gold & Platinum Cash Draws ||Points Earning Period |
|Sunday 12 January ||2 January – 9 January ||Sunday 19 January ||2 – 16 January |
|Sunday 26 January ||12 January – 23 January ||Sunday 2 February ||19 January – 30 January |
|Sunday 9 February ||26 January – 6 February ||Sunday 16 February ||2 February – 13 February |
|Sunday 23 February ||9 February – 20 February ||Sunday 1 March ||16 February – 27 February |
|Sunday 8 March ||23 February – 5 March ||Sunday 15 March ||1 March – 12 March |
|Sunday 22 March ||8 March – 19 March ||Sunday 29 March ||15 March - 26 March |
- Draws will be tiered with Black cardholders having their own draw and Gold and Platinum combined
- The MC will announce the ticket number during the draw and participants (or proxy) will have 90 seconds to present themselves to the verification desk with positive and acceptable form of ID and the draw receipt
- Participants may be drawn more than once but can only win once per draw
- Proxy forms will be available at Customer Service Desk when the entry bins are open (Friday) at 08h00 – 15 mins before the draw for participants to nominate proxies if they are unable to attend the draw
- Each verified winner - in the order they were selected - will get to choose a device where the prize is hidden
- Once all the winners have selected their devices, the MC will ask them to reveal their prizes randomly one by one
|Black Cardholders ||Gold & Platinum Cardholders |
|Place ||Value ||Place ||Value |
|1 ||R30,000 ||1 ||R15,000 |
|2 ||R25,000 ||2 ||R12,500 |
|3 ||R20,000 ||3 ||R10,000 |
|4 ||R15,000 ||4 ||R7,500 |
|5 ||R10,000 ||5 ||R5,000 |
|Total ||R100,000 ||Total ||R50,000 |
- No person under the age of 18 is allowed to gamble or participate in this promotion.
- Any person who has been issued with a Refusal of Entry order, or who is self-excluded, or who fall into category of excluded persons, is expressly prohibited from participating in this promotion.
- This promotion is closed to any persons who are directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the company or marketing service providers, or spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
- This promotion is exclusive Rewards members and will run from 2 January until 29 March 2020
- Participants earn points by playing Slots or Tables using their Golden Horse Rewards card and may choose to enter the Draw, redeem FreePlay or both based on points earned. Tickets will be capped at a maximum of 100 tickets per participant per draw day.
- Points earning criteria is set out as per below:
|Tier ||Draw Times ||Points Required |
|Black cardholders ||17h00 ||500 points per ticket – capped at 100 |
|Gold & Platinum cardholders ||17h00 ||250 points per ticket – capped at 100 |
|Tier ||Points Required ||FreePlay |
|Black cardholders ||2,000 points = R50 FreePlay ||Maximum R500 FreePlay |
|Gold & Platinum ||1,000 Points = R25 FreePlay ||Maximum R250 FreePlay |
- Black cardholders may redeem a maximum of R500 FreePlay per draw and Gold & Platinum cardholders a maximum of R250 FreePlay per draw.
- Points earning period is set out as per below:
|Black Cash Draws ||Points Earning Period ||Gold & Platinum Cash Draws ||Points Earning Period |
|12 January ||2 January – 9 January ||19 January ||2 – 15 January |
|26 January ||12 January – 22 January ||2 February ||19 January – 30 January |
|9 February ||26 January – 6 February ||16 February ||2 February – 13 February |
|23 February ||9 February – 20 February ||1 March ||16 February – 27 February |
|8 March ||23 February – 5 March ||15 March ||1 March – 12 March |
|22 March ||8 March – 19 March ||29 March ||15 March - 26 March |
- Participants may be drawn more than once but can only win once per draw. A re-draw will take place if a winner is selected more than once.
- Participants enter the draw by printing/activating their draw receipt at eHost prior to the actual draw.
- Entry bins will open 2 days prior to the draw (Friday) from 08h00. Participants must activate their entries into the draw prior to the actual draw within the specified times during which entry activations are open. Entry bins will close 15 minutes before the draw
- FreePlay is redeemable at the eHost between 08h00 to 16h59 only on the day of the draw.
- Draw entries cannot be purchased through cash, points or any other form of consideration. Tickets will be issued based on points earned on Slots or Tables during the promotional period.
- Participants may register to decline to be present at the draws by completing a Proxy Form. Participants may nominate a Proxy to act on their behalf if they choose not to be present. Positive and acceptable form of identification must be presented by Participants and Nominee (If applicable) when completing a Proxy Form.
- The prescribed “Proxy Forms” will be available at the Customer Service Desk on Friday from 08h00 until 15 mins before the draw, where a participant can nominate a proxy to represent them to still be acknowledged for the prize, should he/she decline to be present for the draw or when the prize winners are announced. The participant will be required to submit a copy of his/her positive and acceptable identification and the nominees’ positive and acceptable form of identification (RSA ID/ RSA driver’s license or passport). A redraw will occur should a participant/s or authorized representative not present themselves within 90 seconds
- Participants are required to be present for the draw/s on the respective dates and times to be eligible for the prize(s), unless they have nominated an authorised representative/proxy to represent them during the draw.
- A manual draw will be conducted with 5 winners announced per draw day. The MC will only announce the ticket number during the draw
- Prize winners who are present will be given 90 seconds to present themselves and must be in possession of evidence of the winning ticket and/or Rewards card belonging to the prize winner and/or positive and acceptable form of identification. Reasonable steps shall be taken to verify a prize winner using the Patron Management System, should the prize winner not be in possession of valid identification. Should proof of identification not be available on the system or the system is offline, verification will not be possible and the onus is on the prize winner to present a valid form of identification.
- Should the prize winner not present themselves within 90 seconds, and there is no record of the prize winner declining the invitation to be present by completing the Prescribed Proxy Form, a re-draw will take place.
- Should a prize winner who is eligible for a prize but who is not present as a result of declining an invite to be present for the draw by completing the Prescribed Proxy Form, the casino shall take all reasonable steps to contact the prize winner via the contact details provided in the Prescribed Proxy Form. In such circumstances the prize winner may claim the prize within 15 days from the day of the draw at the Guest Services Desk.
- Each verified winner will get the opportunity to choose a draw device in the order of which they were drawn to reveal their prize.
- Nominees shall not be entitled to any prize(s) or benefits and shall not take receipt of prizes accruing to the winner they represent.
- The prize winner must claim the prize at Golden Horse Casino within 15 days of the draw.
- Prizes are not transferrable and cannot be exchanged and prize winners must sign for receipt of prizes.
- All decisions are final and binding and no correspondence or appeals will be entered into.
- Any person transgressing the rules of this promotion will be disqualified.
- In the event of technical failure or damage to the device used for the promotional draw, irrespective of the cause, another suitable device or method will be used, at the sole discretion of Management. This may include rescheduling times and a draw date/s.
- Every participant in the promotion shall be deemed to have acknowledged and accepted the rules by virtue of their participation.
- The above clauses are severable from each other. Should any clause or part thereof be found to be unenforceable by operation of the law, such clause or part thereof will be severed, and the remaining clauses shall remain in force.
- Copies of these rules are available at the Customer Services Desk upon request