Visit The Zulu Kingdom
Our Hotels in KwaZulu Natal
Throughout the lush and green province of KwaZulu Natal there are a number of fantastic Tsogo Sun hotels for you to choose from when you are planning your holiday or business trip. Whatever your budget, you will receive a warm welcome and enjoy access to world-class amenities. Each hotel room is equipped with the necessary home comforts that will make your stay that much more gratifying.
- Southern Sun Pietermaritzburg is situated in the heart of KwaZulu Natal. This 96-room hotel offers an abundance of gaming action and relaxing amenities set against the rolling hills of the beautiful Midlands.
- StayEasy Pietermaritzburg has 127 rooms and is an affordable accommodation option with a relaxed atmosphere.
- Drakensberg Sun Resort – this resort is sure to leave you feeling relaxed with its scenic setting in the mountains of the Drakensberg.
- Garden Court Ulundi offers Zulu inspired comforts and modern amenities.
- Garden Court Blackrock Newcastle’s 80-room hotel is surrounded by historic Battlefields and is one of the leading hotels in the area.
In the holiday resort village of Umhlanga, about 20 minutes north of Durban, Tsogo Sun offers five accommodation options, from luxury living to family focused.
On the Durban seaside there are also a number of hotels that will make your beach holiday a special one:
- Garden Court South Beach
- Garden Court Marine Parade
- Suncoast Towers
- SunSquare Suncoast
- Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani
And, finally for budget conscious travellers who don’t want to compromise on a good night’s sleep there are two SUN1 hotels to choose from in KwaZulu Natal. SUN1 Richards Bay to the north and SUN1 Durban near the stadium and transport links of the city. Both hotels promise basic comfort and extra value with rooms that can sleep 3, free WiFi and a tasty breakfast for a tasty price.
Visit KwaZulu Natal
As the name suggests, this is the kingdom of the Zulus. The beauty of the Zulu culture has been carefully preserved and its guests are welcomed into a world that is generations old, to relish an authentic cultural experience.
Known for its abundant greenery, this province appeals to nature lovers and beach bums. KwaZulu Natal is home to two of South Africa’s eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the Drakensberg and the iSimangaliso Wetland Park. The Drakensberg takes you from sloping mountain passes to towering lofty peaks, while the iSimangilso Wetland Park is rich in biodiversity with more species than the Kruger National Park.
Explore the wonders of the Midland’s country roads taking you on a meander of shops, crafts and restaurants. A visit to KwaZulu Natal would not be complete without spending some beach time soaking up the sun or swimming in the warm Indian Ocean.
With a mixture of busy, modern cities and quiet, quaint towns and an endless choice of nature or culture, you can take your pick in KwaZulu Natal.
Our Top Recommendations
- The Midlands Meander
Take your time to explore this collection of arranged routes in beautiful surroundings. Crafts, restaurants and culture await.
- eMakhosini Ophathe Heritage Park
Only 10 kilometres away from Ulundi, this heritage park has endeavored to freeze time on the Zulu culture and the beautiful landscape to period of King Shaka.
- Giants Castle Reserve
Take the day and travel just 15 minutes from the Drakensberg Sun Resort to enjoy an extraordinary hike in the mountains.
- uShaka Marine World
Africa’s favourite ocean theme park is situated in Durban and offers a host of fun water activities for the whole family to enjoy.