Online Hotel Bookings
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
See how quick and easy it is to book online!
Booking online has never been simpler! Our secure new online 'booking engine' enables you to book at any Tsogo Sun hotel, on any device when convenient to you. Watch our tutorial video to help make sure you have a simple booking experience with Tsogo Sun.
1. How do I make a Reservation?
- Reservations can be made on tsogosun.com by following these simple steps
- STEP 1:
- Select your Country and City or Hotel
- Select check-in and check-out dates
- Select the number of Rooms, adults and children per room in your party
- Click on “Check Availability”
- STEP 2:
- Click on the “more room information” button located above the room rates, to the right of the room type for details of the selected room. Hovering over the ICONS next to the rate will give you information related to the rate
- STEP 3:
- By Clicking on the rate button, additional information regarding the rate is available. Clicking on Policies in this section will display Deposit/Cancellation/Check in etc policies for this rate.
- STEP 4:
- Click on “Reserve” to book your desired room type
- STEP 5:
- Fill out the required fields on the “Guest Details” page
- Click on “Review Reservation”
- Click on “Confirm Reservation” or “Pay Now” if payment is required
- A reservation confirmation number will appear
2. How can I pay for my reservation?
- All payments are secure.
- Credit card - The credit card used to confirm and pay for a reservation is required to be presented on check-in at the hotel. The credit card used to confirm and pay for a reservation is required to be presented on check-in at the hotel. An imprint of this card will be taken by the hotel on check-in, in order to prove the card was present. If the 3D online option was chosen, then your credit card will NOT be required to be presented on check in.
- SunRands - Hotel rewards cardholders can redeem their SunRands towards a free holiday as well as for meals and drinks at any Tsogo Sun hotel owned restaurant and bar.
- Combination Payment - Alternatively a combination of Credit Card and SunRands may be used.
- Direct Reservation - Now you can make your reservation direct with the hotel and pay for it online.
3. Can I book more than one room at a time?
- Yes, you can reserve more than one room at a time, although please note that you are restricted to a maximum of 9 rooms per booking. After selecting your travel dates, please select the number of rooms you would like to reserve from the drop-down box title “number of rooms”. There will be a separate itinerary for each room selected and you need to select the room/rate combination for each room. You can also have different dates for each room reserved.
- You will receive a separate confirmation number for each separate room booked.
- You can also add a room during the booking process by selecting the “Add Room” button positioned in the top left hand side of your current room selection. This can be for multiple hotels as well.
4. What if I am booking on behalf of someone, or if someone else accompanying me in a separate room?
- When prompted to add your personal details, you have the option to enter in separate details per room booked by clicking on “Are you booking on behalf of someone else?”. Here you can enter Name, Email and ID/Passport number of a guest per room. Depending on how many rooms booked, you can enter details for the rooms that each individual guest applies to – if left blank then the details entered as the “booker” will populate the reservation details. The Booker information needs to be completed even if the information is the same as for one of the rooms.
5. How do I pay for Multiple Rooms?
- As each room booked could possibly have a different payment and cancellation policy attached, you will be prompted to pay and confirm each room separately.
- Once you have selected to “Review Reservation”, each room will have a selection to “Pay now and Confirm Booking”. You will not be able to complete the full reservation process until each room has been confirmed. A confirmation number will appear next to each room that has been confirmed.
- Credit card - The credit card used to confirm and pay for a reservation is required to be presented on check-in at the hotel. An imprint of this card will be taken by the hotel on check-in, in order to prove the card was present. If the 3D online option was chosen, then your credit card will NOT be required to be presented on check in.
6. How will I cancel a multiple room booking?
- All rooms booked will be managed as separate reservations and therefore, when cancelling the reservation, you will need to cancel each room individually. Any refund due will process as per the original payment received and as per the cancellation policy attached to that particular rate.
7. My “Shopping Basket”
- In your shopping basket will be your room for reserving as well as any additional rooms and/ or any other property you would like to book for on the same date or different date.
8. Do rates include VAT and/or levies?
- All rates are inclusive of VAT, however exclude the 1% tourism levy for South African Hotels.