Health & Safety Protocols
Our doors are open again and we’re ready to welcome you to a new kind of experience that puts your safety alongside our renowned hospitality.
We are open under strict health and safety protocols. Our teams are ready to take your bookings and are looking forward to your return. Bookings can be made online, direct with the hotel, or via your company's travel procurement policy if you are traveling for business.
As you get back to business, be assured that our focus is still on delivering superior attention, innovation and now with Free and Unlimited Wi-Fi.
While our service may be affected during this time, as we comply with the Disaster Management Act, you can be assured of the same warmth and hospitality you’ve come to expect from Tsogo Sun Hotels.
Your Safety Is Our Concern
Whilst everything may have changed, some things stay the same, and guests can rest assured that their safety remains our absolute priority. Extensive COVID-19 protocols have been implemented at the hotels for the safety of both guests and staff alike.
Tsogo Sun Hotels embraces the guidelines and hygiene policies of the World Health Organisation (WHO), the South African National Department of Health (NDoH), and the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD).
We are ready to welcome you, book now.
The following protocols are mandatory according to Government regulations and will be strictly adhered to at our essential services hotels:
- To protect our guests and staff and to prevent a potentially high-risk person from entering the hotel, guests are required to be screened on arrival, which includes:
- allowing their temperature to be scanned with a thermal scanner
- If a guest’s temperature falls within the normal range and they do not show any symptoms they will be required to sanitise their hands and proceed to check-in. If a guest’s temperature exceeds 37.5 degrees Celsius and/or they have symptoms of the virus, they will be not be allowed to check-in and will be referred to a medical facility as specified by the NICD
- complete and sign a questionnaire
- Guests will be required to present copies of the following on check-in (which will be retained by the Hotel)
- Permit to travel as required by the lockdown regulations and as authorised by your company
- Photo ID
Health and Safety Protocols
- All staff have received training on COVID19 preventative measures and hygiene protocols
- Educational signage is displayed for both guests and staff
- Staff are provided with personal protective equipment (PPE) in line with regulations, along with additional hygiene resources
- Biohazard boxes are provided for the safe disposal of PPE and other waste as required
- Increased sanitising and disinfecting practices (over and above our normal stringent cleaning protocols)
- Public social distancing, demarcated areas, physical barriers where necessary and PPE
- Sanitisation of high touch points, deep cleaning and pest control
Food and Beverage Delivery
- To further ensure the safety of our guests, our food and beverage delivery has been amended in accordance with health protocols to ensure that we adhere to the social distancing requirements and regulations relating to disaster management act
- Gyms, swimming pools, bars, conference centres and spas remain closed
- Temperatures of guests are monitored, and guests are required to complete screening questionnaires at the entrances of the hotel
- Mandatory use of masks for all visitors and staff entering the premises
- Only critical areas and facilities will be opened
- Queuing systems will be in place to ensure that there is no less than 1.5m between people
- No activity is allowed that encourages crowd gatherings
- Dining facilities (where open), are restricted to maximum numbers as outlined in the Government Gazette, with social distancing measures in place. In-room dining is encouraged wherever possible
- There are capacity restrictions on the number of passengers in elevators to ensure social distancing
Meetings and Events
- Delegates and employees temperature will be scanned with a thermal scanner on arrival at the hotel
- Delegates and employees will be required to complete a screening questionnaire on arrival
- Delegates will be required to exercise increased sanitising and disinfecting practices
- Delegates and employees are required to wear masks except when eating or drinking
- Seating will be spread out to ensure that a 1.5 meter social distancing is maintained
Number of Delegates
- A maximum of 50 people are permitted per venue in accordance with Lockdown Regulations
Food and Beverage Delivery
- Menus and service standards have been adjusted and aligned to our health and safety protocols and Government regulations
- Stationery would be available on request, pens will be sanitised prior to use
Terms and Conditions
- Our offering is subject to change in line with relevant regulations
- No alcohol may be served
- No weddings or private parties are permitted under current regulations
- Other stationery to be supplied on request
Please contact us for your conference, hospitality and special event bookings.
Download our Conferencing Health and Safety guidelines.