Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani
Durban’s Landmark Hotel
An iconic Durban hotel, the Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani invites guests to experience a modern full-service stay on Durban’s sun-kissed beachfront. Sweeping Indian Ocean views along the 7km promenade have set the scene for memorable holidays and exceptional events for nearly five decades. Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani promises an unforgettable stay in a contemporary classic. Sleep in comfort, dine with variety and meet with style.
Uniquely able to accommodate and facilitate business and special events in a vibrant beach location. Large scale events, group accommodation, exceptional venues and seamless service combine to set Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani apart.
A location metres from Durban’s most loved beaches, inviting and fully equipped accommodation with sea views, a choice of three heated outdoor pools and a different dining venue for every night of your stay – little wonder why we welcome back guests year after year.
Experience personalised service from one of South Africa’s largest and most-revered hotels. We have built our reputation by setting the standard for service and personal attention and we know you expect nothing less.
Our Rewards Programme allows you to earn SunRands on your accommodation and meals which you can use towards your next holiday or meal at one of our restaurants.
Services & Amenities
- 734 modern rooms
- 500mb of free high-speed WiFi daily
- Mangwanani Boutique Spa
- The Grill Jichana, Lingela, Vigour and Verve and a choice of other restaurants and bars
- Rates include breakfast.
- Kids under 18 stay and eat breakfast free
- Courtesy shuttle to Suncoast Casino
- Fitness Centre
- Underground parking at R50
- 3 swimming pools (1 heated)
- Business Centre
- Self-service workstation
- Conferencing facilities
Nearby Points of Interest
- Albert Luthuli International Convention Centre: 1.1km
- Suncoast Casino Hotel & Entertainment: 1.2km
- Moses Mabhida Stadium: 2.5km
- ABSA Rugby Stadium: 2.8km
- Kingsmead Stadium: 2.8km
- uShaka Marine World: 3.6km
- King Shaka International Airport: 31km
63 Snell Parade
GPS Coordinates: 29°50'43.58'' S | 31°2'5.96'' E
General Manager: Samantha Croft
Telephone: +27 31 362 1300