A Taste of Zambia, A Taste of Home
Musuku is a Lusaka central destination for dinner dates, business breakfasts and ladies lunches. Specialising in a taste-of-home wherever you’ve arrived from, local menu favourites like Nshima, Kafue bream and Mosi beer are at home next to made-to-order pizza-perfection, grill classics and imported wine selections. The à la carte menu options are suited to the weather and can be enjoyed inside or out, while the buffet options include an all-you-can-eat selection that changes through the week and adapts to the seasons.
Menu favourites include Musuku butter chicken, char-grilled succulent rump with a Nederburg red wine sauce and penne pasta served with Pomodoro and basil fresh from our herb garden. Buffet spreads change through the week, are served at live cooking stations for as-you-like-it preparation and include plenty of the best of what’s fresh and seasonal. The setting is simple and relaxed and caters to couples, families, special requests and group bookings.
The Musuku buffet (especially our traditional Wednesday lunch buffet) includes lots of local flavours for those who love-local or those who are maybe a little dish-daring.
Here’s some local dish highlights:
- Nshima - a stiff porridge made from ground maize that’s a good complement to beans or stew.
- Ifisashi - a popular vegetarian dish made with local greens and peanuts.
- Kapenta – tiny and tasty sardines deep fried and served as a snack or eaten as part of a meal
- Kafue bream – whole grilled or fried bream from the river Kafue. A local favourite with good reason.
- Infinkubala (mopane) – caterpillars for dinner is understandably not everyone’s idea of delicious, but this local staple is protein rich, kinder to the environment and you might just find yourself going back for seconds.
Of course, if Nshima and Ifisashi aren’t your preferred choice, our pizzas, pastas, steaks and curries are some of Lusaka’s best.
- Breakfast: 07h00 – 11h00
- Lunch: 12h30 – 14h30 (Closed for lunch on Saturdays and Sundays.)
- Dinner: 18h30 – 22h30
Phone: +260 211 251666