Top 10 Johannesburg Attractions
We round up our top Johannesburg attractions. If you’re here for a weekend with the kids or an extended stay for work, you’ll find something great to do in our top ten…
- From bird gardens for nature lovers to world-class theatres for culture buffs, there is something for everyone at Montecasino and because of this it is known as Gauteng’s number one entertainment centre - Montecasino is definitely an attraction worth visiting.
- Gold Reef City
- A theme park of world-wide repute with over thirty rides that are sure to give you an adrenaline rush of note and a casino complex that is full of top entertainment choices - Gold Reef City is great for the whole family.
- Neighbourgood Market
- This trendy market is well-placed in the arty Braamfontein suburb and runs every Saturday from 09h00 to 15h00. Here you can find the freshest produce and speciality products while enjoying the creative atmosphere that is resonant of Jozi.
- 44 Stanley
- This is truly a shopping experience with a difference, here you will find exciting and unique goods, including antiques and collectables, and enjoy great food in a relaxing and stylish atmosphere.
- Rosebank Mall
- This is one of South Africa’s top shopping and entertainment complexes as it stylishly combines African heritage with European sophistication creating a shopping experience well worth a visit.
- Soweto Township
- For an unforgettable and insightful African experience, visit this history-rich township. To get the ultimate taste of Soweto, buy yourself a Kota – a local burger – and take a swig of traditional beer at a shebeen.
- Constitution Hill
- Here you can peer into the oppressive history of South Africa. Even though the subject matter is sobering, these historic sites have since been turned into a celebration of freedom. It is an emotional yet insightful experience that is not to be missed by those who visit Johannesburg.
- Victory Theatre
- This is one of Johannesburg’s oldest theatres, making it a unique heritage site. Here you can enjoy the atmosphere of South African culture with plays and performances while dining.
- Klipriviersberg Nature Reserve
- Known as Johannesburg’s Jewel, the concrete jungle has ensured the preservation of flora and fauna at this nature reserve. This is a great place for the outdoorsy type to escape city life and enjoy a hike in nature.
- Lion Park
- This attraction is last on the list, but certainly not least, as it has been rated as Gauteng’s number one tourist destination. Here you are guaranteed the experience of getting close views of a pride of lions and other African animals.