Pieter Toerien Theatre and Studio
Leading South African Theatre Productions
Enjoy a great night out at the theatre, and experience the best in live entertainment at Pieter Toerien's Theatre & Studio at Montecasino.
Telephone: +27 11 511 1818
Join us for the world's longest running play - Agatha Christie's The MouseTrap Read more Andre is back with his side splitting one-man show! Read more
Join us for the world's longest running play - Agatha Christie's The MouseTrap Read more
Andre is back with his side splitting one-man show! Read more
- Excludes the last week on any production
- Valid on Full Price tickets only
- Present the voucher and Rewards card at the Pieter Toerien Box Office to redeem
- ID confirmation may be required
- Subject to availability and may only be redeemed by the cardholder in person and may not be sold/transferred
- Voucher cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash
- Voucher cannot be replaced if stolen/lost
- No change is given
- The benefit is open to Montecasino, Suncoast, Gold Reef City, Silverstar, The Ridge, Golden Horse, Emnotweni, Hemingways, Garden Route Casino, Goldfields, Blackrock, Mykonos, The Caledon and Tsogo Sun Hotel Rewards cardholders
About Pieter Toerien
South Africa's foremost theatre impresario, Pieter Toerien opened Pieter Toerien's Theatre & Studio at Montecasino with the record breaking comedy hit 'Defending the Caveman' in November 2000. Since then Pieter Toerien's Theatre & Studio in Johannesburg has been the stage for several of the most popular theatrical productions in South Africa.
The theatre has recently undergone a R2 million revamp to celebrate their 500th production – The History Boys.
This includes a new colour scheme, fittings and new seats in the Main Theatre auditorium, which can now accommodate 390 people. The glorious old chandelier from the Alhambra Theatre has been salvaged and is now the centrepiece in the foyer.
Pieter Toerien's Theatre & Studio has been home to some of South Africa’s best theatre with both local and international stars gracing its stage including Bea Arthur, Moira Lister, Bill Flynn, Tim Plewman, Michael Richard, Tobie Cronje, Pieter-Dirk Uys, Marc Lottering and Rex Garner, Fiona Ramsay, Alan Committie, Ashley Dowd and Neels Van Jaarsveld.
Pieter successfully co-produced the Teatro’s inaugural theatre show, The Lion King, which broke box office records, and earned him a Naledi award in 2007 for Best Production of a Musical, alongside Lebo M.
With a theatre career spanning more than 35 years and several theatrical awards under his belt, Toerien is responsible for bringing the best in commercial theatre from the west to millions of theatre goers in Johannesburg, South Africa.