From Monday, 11 January, 2016 to Saturday, 5 March, 2016 January 11, 2016 March 5, 2016 Tsogo Sun
Qualifying Rounds: 11 January to 3 March 2016
Casino Final: 5 March 2016
Group Final: Hosted at Silverstar on 19 March 2016
Roulette Masters is back with even more prize money than before!
Tsogo Sun’s annual ROULETTE MASTERS tournament returns with an even bigger prize pool than before! With an entry of only R 100, there’s a share of a R2.5 Million prize pool to be won and this time around, the first prize is a guaranteed R1.5 Million in CASH! This exciting national tournament takes place across all 14 Tsogo Sun casinos.
Casino Qualifying rounds
- Heats take place daily from 11 January to 3 March 2016 – register at the tournament table in front of the Promotional Stage
- One entry is R100 cash and you can enter as many times as you like during the tournament heats (points can be redeemed for entries at registration)
Casino Final Rounds
- Take place on 5 March 2016
- The player with the highest chip winnings (from a single buy-in in the Qualifying Rounds) will automatically win the first prize at the casino they played at and will have a place in the Group Semi-finals
- 20 semi-finalists from each individual casino (players in positions 2 to 21 on the leader board) will play it off to qualify for the 6 seats available in the Final Round
- The winner/s of the Final Round at each individual casino will qualify for the Group Semi-finals at Silverstar
Qualifying Rounds: Monday 11 January – Thursday 3 March 2016
Daily from 14h00
Daily 11h00 – 00h00
Daily from 12h00
Gold Reef City
Daily from 12h00
Daily 14h00 – 23h00
Daily from 12h00 – 20h00
Daily from 12h00
Daily from 15h00 – 22h00
Daily from 11h00 – 23h00
Daily between 12h00 – 21h00
Daily 17h00 – 22h00
Daily from 19h00 – 20h00
Daily from 15:00 – 22h00
Daily from 18h00 – 21h00
Group Semi-Finals and Group Final
- Takes place at Silverstar on 19 March 2016
- 40 contestants from the 14 Tsogo Sun casinos will play for a position in the Group Semi-finals
- The top 7 earners from the Group Semi-final rounds will get through to the Group Grand Final for the chance to become the Roulette Masters 2016 champion and win the first prize of a guaranteed R1.5 Million in CASH!
Tournament Rules, Terms and Conditions
- Only persons over the age of 18 may participate. Any person, or a nominee of a person who is currently refused entry to the casino or who is self-excluded prior to or during the tournament may not participate and will be disqualified.
- The tournament is divided into Casino specific and Group phases. Unit heats are those stages of the tournament that are competed for at the respective Tsogo Sun casino. The top qualifiers / winners of each UNIT final tournament will compete in the Group phase at the Grand Finals which will be hosted at Silverstar in Johannesburg.
- Entry to each heat of the tournament is by way of cash buy-in of R100 (cash chips and plaques will also be accepted), or point redemption for the same amount for which colour and/or tournament and/or No Cash Value chips (“chips”) will be issued. Players may re-enter as many times as they wish by way of re-buys provided that the re-buys are for different heats.
- Each chip will represent an unredeemable rand value of R10 for purposes of determining winners and ranking of players. These chips have no cash value and it cannot be redeemed for value in any form, or used to place bets at live games.
- R10 table limits apply to all heats. R200 maximum on the number, R100 minimum on outside chances in multiples of R100, R5000 maximum on even money chances and R2500 on columns and dozens. No call bets will be accepted.
- Players play for themselves, monies may not be pooled or transferred to other players.
- Chips are to be kept on the Table at all times and players must play every spin.
- Chip “winnings” from one competition session will not be carried over to another session.
- Registration and participation at the finals shall be in accordance with dates and times that will be advertised through the casino’s marketing mediums. Late entries shall not be accepted.
- The Master of Ceremonies, at the finals, will announce the start of each tournament session. Participants who are not present at the actual start of the respective session will forfeit their seats without any re-funds of their entrance fees.
- Designated and demarcated operational tables and/or tournament tables will be utilised for the tournament. Live games will not be offered at the affected operational tables during tournament sessions, however live games may resume at these tables when it is not being utilised for tournament purposes.
- All monies received from buy-ins will be distributed into the prize pools for the casino specific and group phases. The casino will contribute the value represented by the total points redeemed for entrance fees towards the prize pool.
- Players may enter as many times as they wish during the tournament period by buying-in for R100 (One Hundred) per entry.
- Tournament winnings won during each individual heat will be totalled and ranked to determine the top chip earners.
- Participants do not earn Rewards Programme points during tournament play.
- Participants’ chips are to be maintained in a visible manner on the table concerned at all times during each session. Participants must bet during every spin. Bets are to be placed during the allocated time for each spin. The Master of Ceremonies will announce the allocated times, which may differ during the various stages of the tournament.
- In the event of a tie for scores within the qualifying range, a spin-off will occur i.e. a Dealer will spin the roulette ball in the wheel for the affected participants in alphabetical order of their surnames. The participant with the higher number will gain the higher position and the participant with the lower number (zero being a low number) will gain the very next position. The ranking order will be adjusted accordingly.
- Should participants be eligible for more than one seat in Semi or Grand Finals, they may elect representatives, who may not be co-participants in the semi or Grand Finals, to participate in respect of the additional seats. The nominated representatives will be required to play without any coercion and/or input/strategy from the nominating participants concerned. However, should the participant for any reason whatsoever not be available for, or not present at a start of a session, such participant and nominated representatives where relevant shall forfeit their seats without any refunds of their entry fees
- Should a “NO SPIN” be declared by the Tournament Director whilst a rotational marker is being used (UNIT and Grand final), bets will not be changed and the ball will be re-spun. In the event there is a ‘NO SPIN’ during earlier qualifying rounds then bets may be changed.
- Bets may not be adjusted once a participant’s time has lapsed, or they have indicated they have finished betting ,when the rotational marker that is being utilised for betting sequence has moved on to the next participant.
- Chips cannot be pooled with, or transferred to other participants’ chips. All chips must be returned to the respective table float at the end of each competition session.
- Whilst every reasonable effort will be taken to ensure the accurate recording of rankings/scores, the onus shall remain with participants to ensure that their rankings/scores are correct at all times. The casino reserves the right to make the necessary corrections as soon as it becomes aware of any founded discrepancies, which corrections could change the rankings/scores of participants and allocation of prizes.
- Tournament Director’s decision (or a Management Representative thereof) will be deemed as final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- For casinos in the Western Cape Province, disputes of a gambling nature may be lodged with the Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board pursuant to its rules.
In the event that the required number of buy-ins exceeds the target number, the additional prize monies will be distributed across the seven finalist prizes as deemed appropriate by the tournament director.