Service First, Local Knowledge, International Experience
Services & Amenities at Our 4 Star Lusaka Hotel
Our 4-star hotel in Lusaka has over 60 years’ experience in providing guests with feel-at-home comforts and business-convenience. Hotel amenities include 24-hour room service, office essentials in our in-house Business Centre , hotel-wide WiFi, air-conditioned and affordable airport transfers, venues for casual meetings or formal events as well as big gardens, a pool, 24-hour gym and on-site bank and flight offices. The Ridgeways’ history of service-first, local knowledge and international experience ensures you’re looked after from the bedroom to the boardroom and everywhere in between.
Services & Amenities
- Airport shuttle, tour arranging, local recommendations
- Baby cots available, baby sitting on request
- Children stay free
- Disability friendly
- Same day dry cleaning, laundry and shoe shine
- Gift shop
- 24-hour gym
- Swimming pool
- Interpretation, translation and secretarial services
- Late check-out available on request
- Complimentary parking
- Bureau de change
- Boardroom, meeting rooms and conference space
- Printing, scanning, copying and self-service PCs
- Complimentary WiFi
Competitively priced transfers to and from hotel. Book a Southern Sun Ridgeway airport transfer and enjoy air-conditioned comfort with on the road WiFi connectivity. Get your bearings, check your mail, or sit back and read the paper all before you even arrive.
Our hotel guest relations team are here to help with everything from flight time checks, alarm calls, or arranging cultural exploration trips.
We’ll Take Care of It
- Car hire
- Flight information & booking
- Airport transfers
- Local information and advice
- Cultural tours and experiences
Easy access parking is available beside the hotel. Pull up to the front of the hotel, drop off your bags and enjoy complimentary parking.
Whether you’re running low on clean clothes after a trip to the Zambian bush or a long-haul flight has left your clothes a little crumpled, Southern Sun Ridgeway offers complimentary garment pressing on arrival and affordable same-day dry cleaning and laundry services to keep you looking your best.
- Complete the laundry form
- Get your clothes ready before 08h00
- Leave the Collect Laundry card on the door
- Clothes will be returned by 18h00
Same-day laundry is 7 days a week
Same-day dry-cleaning available Monday to Friday
Perfect for when your work day isn’t a 9-5, room service at Southern Sun Ridgeway includes a full menu of everything from pasta to grills up until 22h30, and a night menu with a paired down selection including burgers, soups and sandwiches that can be ordered up until 07h00.
A breakfast-in-bed menu is available from 06h30 to 10h30 during weekdays, and 06h30 to 11h00 on weekends. All rooms also have a mini-fridge that can be stocked on request with bar or snack essentials.
A small shop is located just off the lounge and is stocked with a selection of local crafts, books, travel items and small gifts, perfect for any last-minute souvenir shopping.
- Open Monday to Friday 08h00 – 19h00
- Public holidays and weekends from 09h00 – 17h00
Beyond the quiet and safe position in the city and quick airport connection, the hotel understands international visitor expectations and how to make you feel at home. For more information about the city and Zambia, take a look at our local guides.
- Money – our front desk can perform foreign exchange requests for hotel guests in accordance with the Bank of Zambia regulations. There is also a bank on site and an ATM, so you never need to run out of Kwacha.
- Plugs – electricity in Zambia is 230v and plug types are generally either the standard two pin ‘Euro’ plug, the large three round pins found on South African plugs or the British style 3 rectangular pin plug. Rooms have plug sockets with both the 3 round pin and the 3 rectangular pin installed and a 2 pin adaptor. We also have a number of plug adaptors at reception if you need to borrow.
- Flights and tours – you’ll find a Proflight and SAA airline office on our hotel grounds and our front desk team is always happy to check flight arrivals, departures, print out tickets and arrange airport transfers. Our guest relations team are also able to make arrangements with recommended tour groups for local and further afield wildlife safaris, cultural trips and city exploring.
You’ll love the way we do business at Southern Sun Ridgeway. Five spaces designed to host conferences, wedding celebrations and events, are some of Lusaka’s best-value versatile venues. The in-house Business Centre is open seven days a week and provides computers and amenities for everything from self-service to secretarial-services. WiFi connectivity is complimentary and available throughout the hotel and every room has a work desk space so you can keep office connected when you are out-of-the-office.
Green gardens, a courtyard pond with resident local wildlife and a swimming pool provides a little bit of space for kids to cool off in the city. On top of that, our buffets and à la carte menus include lots of all-age favourites, and if you’re bringing a baby and need a cot or need babysitting for a little one, we can also arrange that.
Remember, kids stay free at Southern Sun Ridgeway