Natural Hot Springs In The Western Cape
Natural Warm Mineral Baths at Caledon
The Mineral Pools
The Caledon is home to the Western Cape’s famous mineral rich warm springs. These natural springs produce over a million litres of water daily and have an average temperature at source of 65 degrees Celsius.
The distinctive brown colour of the water is due to the rich iron content, known as chalybeate. The oily layers found on the surface of the pools is due to the high mineral content of the spring waters and varies in density from time to time depending on weather conditions.
The mineral pools are completely drained and filled every week giving our guests the very best of the hot spring waters in the pools.
Mineral water contents: Iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, sulphate, sodium, silica, bicarbonate and chloride with a ph of 7.2
Victorian Bath House
In 1897 an elegant Victorian Bath House were erected which soon became a haven to the well-to-do Capetonians and residents of the Western Cape.
The lap pool is designed to be ideal for health and fitness exercise rather than for pure recreation and leisure.
Enjoy the tranquil and serene Zen Garden at the Caledon Spa with soothing music in the background. This is the ideal place to be quiet and just enjoy what nature has to offer.
The Spa Gym
Our athletic facility is equipped for sports and physical training. This facility is only available to hotel guests who may access the gym with their room key.
Added Relaxation Area
- Steam Room
- Frigidarium pool
- Swiss Shower
- Coffee Bar
Spa Entrance Fee per person:
Children between 6 - 18
|Children under 6||Free||Free|
- Subject to availability
- We do accept bookings, but confirmation will only be once we received the full payment within 24 hours.
- Confirmation payment will secure entrance.
- Entrance on Real Deal Vouchers will also be subject to availability.
10h00 - 19h00
Telephone: +27 28 214 5100 or +27 28 214 5384 for more information.
For everyone's pleasure please note the following:
- Facilities are closed on Mondays for cleaning
- Right of admission is reserved
- Kindly bring your own swimming gear and towels if you want to make use of the Mineral pools.
- The Caledon Spa reserves the right to limit the number of day visitors to the Mineral pools for health and safety reasons.
- All day visitors are advised to check availability prior to visiting the pools to avoid disappointment.
- Over peak time holiday periods (public and school holidays) the limit is enforced on a daily basis for safety and security.
- Kindly note that no food is allowed inside the Spa & aqua area.