Natural Hot Springs In The Western Cape
Natural Warm Mineral Baths at Caledon
Open Monday to Sundays
Operating Hours: Monday 12h00 - 19h00 l Tuesday – Sunday: 10h00 – 19h00
Book your warm mineral pools access through Computicket
Telephone: +27 28 214 5100 or +27 28 214 5384 for more information.
The Mineral Pools
The Caledon Resort is home to one of the Western Cape’s famous Mineral Rich Warm Spring. The hot spring originate by the emergence of geothermally heated groundwater that rises from the Earth's crust. It produces over a million litres of water daily with an average temperature of 65 degrees Celsius source.
What makes the Caledon Spa unique is that the water is kept naturally. The distinctive brown colour of the water is due to the high iron content, known as chalybeate. When the water reach the surface rapid oxidation takes place which gives the distinct smell and colour of the water. The iron particles are a natural body exfoliation and the oily layers found on the surface of the pools, depending on weather conditions, a natural moisturiser to the skin.
The mineral pools are completely drained and filled every week on a Monday, giving our guests the very best of the hot spring waters in the pools.
Thermal Springs are well known to boost blood circulation, reduces stress, promote sleep and is a natural pain reliever.
The Outdoor Mineral Ponds (depth of 1.2m)
- Pond 1 - Average water temperature between 42 -44 degrees
- Pond 2 - Average water temperature between 40-42 degrees
- Pond 3 - Average water temperature between 38-40 degrees
Outdoor Jacuzzi (depth of 1.4m)
- Seating up to 15 people
- Average temperature of 36-38 degrees
Floatation Pool (depth of 1.4m)
- Average temperature of 34-36 degrees
Fridgedarium Pool (depth of 1.2m)
After a sauna or steam room session, Europeans are encouraged to run outside and roll around in the snow. A frigedarium pool is designed to work on the same principle of boosting your circulation by going from a heat treatment to a quick cold splash.
Victorian Bath House (depth of 1.6 m)
In 1897 an elegant Victorian Bath House were erected which soon became a haven to the well-to-do Capetonians and residents of the Western Cape. This cement bath is a historic site and maintained accordingly. The bath is close on Friday mornings for cleaning. Bath temperature is between 36 – 38 degrees
Enjoy the tranquil and serene Zen Garden at the Caledon Spa with soothing music in the background. This is the ideal place to be quiet and just enjoy what nature has to offer.
Gymnasium and Lap pool
For Hotel Guest only
Terms and Conditions:
- The Caledon Spa reserves the right to limit the number of day visitors to the Mineral pools for health and safety reasons.
- All Entrance will be subject to availability.
- Right of admission is reserved
- Kids younger than 17 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Kindly bring your own swimming gear and towels if you want to make use of the Mineral pools.
- All day visitors are advised to book through Computicket prior to visiting the pools to avoid disappointment.
- Kindly note that is not a self- catering area..